Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Life as I know it today, January 16, 2013.

My heart does not work properly.  The technical term is atrial fibrillatioin.  It is a rather common heart ailment for the elderly.  I am not elderly.
Since it was first diagnosed I have been on more medications than I can really remember.  A procedure called synchronized electrical cardioversion has been preformed many times.  True business; I am on a first name basis with the emergency room doctor.  I am not kidding.
I had an ablation to fix my heart, it didn't work.  I took more drugs, they didn't work. Finally, the end of October 2012 I had another ablation.  I nearly died.
My heart is now permanently out of rhythm.  It does not beat in a regular pattern, consequently my body does not get a regular flow of blood.  It is no fun. Have you ever had the flu?  Just imagine having a permanent case of the flu.  Nausea, fatigue, headache and add in dizzy with a light head.  That is my life.  On one of my regular medical appointments my heart rate was 146 beats per minute and my blood pressure was 89 over 42.  Ask a medical professional how much fun that is.
Yes I am whining.  Yes I am complaining.  I hate it!  I hate that I am 53 years old and I can do virtually nothing.  Let me say it again, I hate it!!  I hate the situation I am in, I hate complaining about it and I am just not having any fun at all.  So, why am I writing about it you may ask?  Simple, it feels good to get it out.
My days now consists of rising early in the morning, getting dressed, fixing breakfast, helping Linda Jo (the worlds best wife!) get ready for her to go to work, finish the dishes, read my bible, pray and then either read, or vent on the computer for about an hour.  After that, I sleep or lay on the sofa until lunch time.
I fix lunch, or one of the moms (Linda's mom or my mom) will pick me up and take me to lunch.  I get a cup of coffee, big treat, and then I lay on the sofa, read or sleep, until Linda comes home from work.
We have dinner, watch a little television and that is it.
For as much as I hate my life's circumstances right now a must admit, they are temporary.  This is just a minor affliction in light of the glory ahead.  Christ came out of the grave and my hope is in that.
Good day friends.
.



No comments:

Post a Comment