Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Reason is dead, or, why the Left and Right make no sense to me.

A left-friend posted that we should boycott Hobby Lobby because owners will not provide health care insurance for the employees under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (Obamacare as it is commonly referred to, but I just love typing out the whole name sans the note just to drive my left/right-friends nutty.....they don't know what it is!)  Anyways, seems lefty thinks the company is mistreating their employees, so the obvious answer is to boycott the company so they go out of business.  Gotta love the logic - put them out of business so they will start treating their employees better, classic liberalism, in the modern sense, back off Locke and Hume devotees.
Of course, my right-friend sent me a chain email (really? A chain email?  Oh well, they are still my friend) whining that we, I love how people use the plural pronoun when the really mean "me",  need to take care of .......fill in the blank, before we take care of..........fill in the blank.  Because........is more deserving (really?  Deserving?, that's as bad as sending me and chain email) than .........But of course, the right loves it's special groups just as much as the left.  Good old righty, always has his blinders on, pretty soon he won't be able to see anything.
So, like I said, Reason is pretty well dead.  Want proof?  Now you my readers will probably get the joke:  What do you call 47 millionaires sitting around watching the Super Bowl?  The Philadelphia Eagles.


No comments:

Post a Comment